Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Jamaican Jerk Chicken

This recipe has a special place in my heart...and my stomach. It was the very first meal I ventured to photograph after deciding to pursue food photography (that covers the heart part), and it tastes so good (there's the stomach). I don't remember the exact place I found the original recipe (somewhere from allrecipes), but I made it once then changed it anyway by adding some things to give it a bit more interest and diversity. The chicken is perfectly tender, juicy, and bursting with flavor. Rice with the marinade drizzled on top is a perfect compliment to this jerk chicken. The whole dish is packed with flavor and spice which tantalize, tease, and delight your taste buds. Even just smelling the sauce while you're making it is like heaven. This dish is will please over and over and will be requested often (trust me!).

1 Small Onion
3 T Brown Sugar
4 T Soy Sauce
4 T Red Wine Vinegar
1 tsp Ground Thyme
1/4 tsp Sesame Seeds
3 Cloves Garlic
1/2 tsp Ground Allspice
1 Chipotle Pepper
1/4 tsp Sriracha Sauce
Freshly Ground Ginger (I usually put about 1 T in because I love ginger)
4 Skinless Boneless Chicken Breasts

Combine onion, brown sugar, soy sauce, vinegar, thyme, sesame seeds, garlic, allspice, chipotle pepper, and sriracha in a blender. Blend until smooth.

Pour 3/4 mixture in a plastic bag. Poke chicken several times with a fork and place in bag with marinade. Marinate overnight.

Preheat oven to 375 F.  Place chicken and marinade in bottom of a baking dish. Cover and bake for 30-40 minutes. Check the middle of the chicken to make sure it's done.

Serve with rice and remaining 1/4 sauce.

Mahlzeit!
-Coriaunty

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...