Monday, March 7, 2011

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Waffle Cookies

When I first came across this recipe I was so excited! The idea of waffle cookies sounded so fun and interesting that I could hardly wait to make them. I finally had some time to make them last night and...I was disappointed. While they tasted just fine, they were not cookies at all. I basically had about 24 1-square-inch chocolate chip waffles. Don't get me wrong, as waffles these are just fine and make a fun little snack, but if you're looking for cookies these are not it. I do have to say, though, that they are better the second day after being stored in a container. Even so--although they would make a delicious breakfast--I probably will not be making these again.

1/2 C Unsalted Butter, melted
1/2 C plus 2 T Light Brown Sugar, packed
2 Large Eggs
1 tsp Vanilla
3/4 All-Purpose Flour
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
1/4 tsp Salt
1/4 tsp Nutmeg
1 tsp Cinnamon
1 1/2 C Old-Fashioned Rolled Oats (not instant)
1/2 C Semisweet Chocolate Chips

In a large bowl, whisk the butter and brown sugar until smooth. Whisk in the eggs and vanilla. In a separate bowl combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Stir in dry mixture to the wet. Add oats and chocolate chips and stir until combined.

Coat the grids of the waffle iron with nonstick cooking spray. Use a tablespoon or small ice cream scoop to portion out a cookie onto each waffle square. Close the iron and cook until set and beginning to brown (1.5-3 minutes). Use a thin metal spatula to transfer the cooked cookies to a wire rack and repeat with the remaining dough, coating the grids with spray as necessary. Yield: 24 Cookies

Mahlzeit!
-Coriaunty

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...