Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Oreo Blondie Brownie Bars


I had the idea for this dessert about a month ago.  I was laying on the couch, resting my poor sliced and diced foot, dreaming about what I would bake when I could stand up again.  These came to mind.  The recipe can be varied however your dreams take you.  Since it is Halloween season, I chose candy corn M&Ms and Halloween Oreos.  The blondie/brownie recipe is a delicious one that I just got from a friend of mine.  I made this recipe a one bowl recipe by dividing the vanilla batter in half and then adding cocoa powder to only have of it.

Oreo Blondie Brownie Bars

1 cup butter, room temperature
2 cups granulated sugar
4 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 heaping cup candy corn M&Ms
1/4 cup cocoa powder
24 Halloween Oreos

Preheat the oven to 350F.  Grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.

Cream together the butter and sugar.  Beat in the eggs and vanilla.  Stir in the flour and salt, then the M&Ms.  Spoon half of the batter evenly into the prepared pan.  Place the 24 Oreo cookies on top of the vanilla batter.  Stir in the 1/4 cup cocoa powder into the remaining batter in the bowl.  Carefully spread the chocolate batter evenly over the Oreo cookie layer.

Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.  Remove brownies from the oven and let cool completely before cutting.  Makes 24 bars.

Enjoy!  -Cardamommy

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...