Friday, January 6, 2012

Oreo Marshmallow Treats





After a couple of weeks of no cooking whatsoever, I am happy to be slaving away in the kitchen again.  It dawned on me yesterday at 5 pm, that I had no treats in the house.  No cookies, candy, blah blah blah.  Big problem.  What a horrible wife/mother I am to let my home fall into sugarlessness.  As such, I had to fix this problem quickly.  I had no time for cookies, no time for brownies, blondies, cake, etc.  Crushing some Oreos and combining with marshmallows, however?  As my hungry puppies would say, "Easy peasy lemon squeazy."


Oreo Marshmallow Treats

1 15 ounce package Oreos, crushed
1 10 ounce bag marshmallows
4 Tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter

Line an 8 inch square pan with tin foil, and lightly grease the foil.

In a large microwaveable bowl, melt the marshmallows and butter in the microwave, then stir until smooth.  Add the crushed Oreos and stir to thoroughly combine.  Pour the Oreo mixture into the prepared pan and press into the pan evenly with the back of a spoon.  Place the pan in the refrigerator and chill until firm.  Cut into squares and serve.  Makes 16 treats.

Enjoy!  -Cardamommy

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...