Monday, February 22, 2016

Mascarpone Chocolate Chip Cookies


I've had some mascarpone cheese sitting in the fridge for a while now.  I look at it every day and think that I need to make something with it.  But what?!  Finally, I reached the end today and decided that the mascarpone was going to be used by the end of the day, no excuses.  I searched and looked and searched some more for good ideas, and settled on cookies.  Am I predictable?  Perhaps.  The mascarpone flavor isn't as pronounced as I had hoped, but the cookies are completely delicious.  I didn't overload them with chocolate chips, because I wanted the cookie base to stand out. These cookies are delightfully chewy with just the right amount of chocolate.  Recipe adapted from here.

Mascarpone Chocolate Chip Cookies

1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, room temperature
1/2 cup (4 ounces) mascarpone cheese
3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups all purpose flour
2 Tablespoons cornstarch
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
1/4 cup mini semi sweet chocolate chips

Preheat the oven to 350F.  Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.

Cream together the butter, mascarpone cheese, brown sugar, and granulated sugar until smooth.  Beat in the egg and vanilla until incorporated.  Add the flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt, and beat until just combined.  Stir in the milk chocolate chips and mini chocolate chips.

Drop the dough in tablespoon size balls on the prepared baking sheet.  Bake for 10 to 11 minutes, or until lightly golden brown on the edges and the centers are set.  Remove cookies from the oven and let cool on the pan for 3 to 4 minutes.  Transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.  Makes 24 cookies.

Enjoy!  -Cardamommy

1 comments :

Unknown said...

horribly gluey, the dog likes them :)not one for me, but I reckon I made a mistake :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...