Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Nutella Caramel Apples


It is caramel apple time again!  I love to make (and eat) caramel apples every fall.  It has become almost a family tradition.  My Hungry Puppies can barely contain their excitement when I tell them that we are making caramel apples.  I recently dipped an apple slice in a bit of Nutella, and knew that I had found an amazing match.  These nutella caramel apples are so incredibly amazing.  My Hungry Puppies and I were just as happy licking the bowl as we were eating the actual apples.

Nutella caramel Apples

9 small green apples
9 popsicle sticks
1 bag (14 ounces) caramels
2 Tablespoons water
1/2 cup Nutella

Wash the apples and dry thoroughly.  Insert the popsicle sticks in the top of the apples.  Line a baking sheet with wax paper.

In a microwaveable bowl, combine the caramels, water, and Nutella.  Heat in the microwave for 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds, until completely melted and smooth.  Dip the apples in the caramel mixture and spin around to coat completely.  Let excess caramel drip off, then place apples on the wax paper lined baking sheet.  Refrigerate until the caramel firms up.  Makes 9 caramel apples.

Enjoy!  -Cardamommy

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...