Friday, November 26, 2010

Mommy's Pumpkin Pie


Pie #3 for Thanksgiving was none other than pumpkin. What is Thanksgiving without pumpkin pie? Once again I called up my mommy, who manages to always rescue my cooking can, so to speak. I made the recipe she's been making for as long as I can remember. I haven't found any pumpkin pie I enjoy more than hers. It has a perfect balance of pumpkin, spices, and sweetness, and is also moist and creamy. Mommy's pumpkin pie is the best pumpkin pie you'll ever taste, hands down.

(Makes enough for 2 pies)
4 Eggs
4 Cups pumpkin puree
1 Cup honey
1 tsp salt
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ginger
1/4 tsp nutmeg
2 Cans evaporated milk

Bake at 425 for 15 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350 and bake until a toothpick comes out clean (about 25-30 minutes). Serve with whipped topping.
Mahlzeit!
-Coriaunty

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...