Friday, August 24, 2012

Cinnamon Sugar Brie and Pistachio Bread Sticks


Last week, I made cinnamon sugar bread sticks.  Whoa, they were amazing.  I actually ate all of the leftover bread sticks for lunch the next day.  All.  My husband was incredibly a) shocked, and b) disappointed.  I decided to get a little fancier with my next incarnation (which my husband requested less than a week after the first).  These bread sticks are loaded with cinnamon, sugar, brie and pistachios.  I was totally worried!  I didn't think that they would go over very well with my husband or the Hungry Puppies.  The worry was unnecessary.  They all loved them.  Even better than the plain cinnamon sugar version.  Definitely give these  bread sticks a try.  They are totally worth it.

Cinnamon Sugar Brie and Pistachio Bread Sticks

1/2 batch No Knead Refrigerator Pizza Dough
2 teaspoons cinnamon, divided
6 Tablespoons sugar
8 ounces Brie, sliced very thinly
1/2 to 3/4 cup pistachios, roughly chopped

Preheat the oven to 400F.  Grease a pizza pan.

Roll out the pizza dough on a well floured surface.  Place the pizza dough onto the prepared pan.  Sprinkle 1 teaspoon of the cinnamon over the dough.  Bake the dough for about 10 minutes.

Remove the bread sticks from the oven, and arrange the brie evenly over the entire surface.  Mix the remaining 1 teaspoon of cinnamon and sugar, then sprinkle evenly over the brie.  Sprinkle the pistachios over the top and return the bread sticks to the oven for about 5 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.  Makes one pan of bread sticks.

Enjoy!  -Cardamommy

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...