Friday, August 31, 2012

Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Cookies


I made these Chocolate Chip Cookies several weeks ago and my family loved them.  I was at my sister's house in Salt Lake City a couple of weeks ago visiting my brand new baby niece (YAY!!) and had an opportunity to make them again.  They were the hugest hit!  My brother in law was so excited when I told him that I left the frozen dough for them to have.  I loved that recipe so much that I decided that I would play with it a bit, only a little, by adding whole wheat flour.  I like that flavor of whole wheat in baked goods.  I like the hearty nutty flavor that it gives.  The cookies are another hit.  Especially when you remember these.  Redemption.

Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 cup butter, room temperature
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
1 cup milk chocolate chips

Preheat the oven to 375F.  Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.

Cream together the butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar.  Add the eggs and vanilla extract and beat together until well blended. Add the flour, whole wheat flour, baking soda, and salt, and stir together until combined.  Stir in the semi sweet and milk chocolate chips.

Scoop the dough into heaping tablespoon size balls and place on the prepared baking sheet.  Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until the cookies are very lightly browned.  Remove from the oven and transfer cookies to a cooling rack.  Makes about 30 cookies.

Enjoy!  -Cardamommy

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...