Monday, August 20, 2012

No Knead Refrigerator Pizza Dough


I feel slightly guilty saying this out loud, but I feel that I have been a bit lazy in my baking over the last several months.  I seem to be all about simplicity lately, and what is the easiest possible way to make something happen.  Maybe it is because it is summertime and I am spending my days playing outside and enjoying the sunshine, but I don't really want to be spending unnecessary hours in the kitchen.  In comes this bread/pizza dough.  I have shared this recipe with you before, in the form of No Knead White Bread, but I wanted to bring it back in another application that just dawned on me.  Pizza dough.  Amazing!  Why did I not think of this before?  You can make this dough up to 7 days before you need it, and just store it in the refrigerator.  Use it to make a loaf or a pizza crust.  Simple and delicious!

No Knead Refrigerator Pizza Dough

3 cups (24 ounces) lukewarm water
6 1/2 to 7 1/2 cups (32 ounces) all purpose flour
1 Tablespoon salt
1 1/2 Tablespoons instant yeast

Combine all of the ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Mix and stir everything together to make a very sticky, rough dough. By stand mixer, beat at medium speed for 30 to 60 seconds. By hand, just stir well until everything is combined.

Transfer dough to a greased 6-quart food-safe bucket, and cover with a lid or plastic wrap. Let dough rise at room temperature for two hours, then refrigerate for at least two hours, or up to seven days.

When ready to use, divide the dough in half and roll out on a well floured surface.  Place on a greased pizza pan and add the toppings (or if using a pizza stone, add the toppings first before transferring to the stone).  Bake in a preheated 425F oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until lightly golden.  Makes 2 large pizza crusts (about 16 inch).

Enjoy!  -Cardamommy

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...