Friday, October 21, 2011

Pumpkin Brownies

I have a confession to make. Ok, ok, I have two confessions to make. Confession one: I am obsessed with pumpkin. Confession two: I am a stress baker. So what happens when I have two huge projects to do, three papers to write, pictures to edit, and midterms to study for? Bake, of course. These have been on my list for a while, ever since I found them on Baking Bites.

I was a little nervous while I was making them. After all, what is a brownie without chocolate? And it's not even a blondie because it doesn't have white chocolate. Well, my fears were put to rest when I took a bite of brownie. Holy yummy goodness! Just as a brownies are, these pumpkin brownies are dense and moist and fudgy. They also are packed with warm flavors and spices. It's like a little bite of pumpkin heaven. They make great gifts and also are a great outlet for some pent up stress! Cut them into Halloween shapes or simply squares. Either way, make them. Eat them. ASAP. Oh, and also, be sure to double the recipe, because you're going to want a lot.

1/2 C Butter, room temperature
1 C Sugar
1 tsp Cinnamon
1/2 tsp Ginger
1/4 tsp Allspice
1/4 tsp Cloves
1/4 tsp Salt
1 Large Egg
1/2 C Pumpkin Puree
3/4 C All Purpose Flour
2/3 C Chopped Pecans (optional)

Preheat oven to 350. Lightly grease an 8x8-inch pan. It is easier if you line the pan with tin foil and lightly grease it instead.

In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in spices, salt, the egg, and the pumpkin puree. Sift flour into the bowl and stir it, mixing until just combined. Add in pecans and stir to evenly distribute the nuts.

Pour batter into prepared baking dish and spread into an even layer.

Bake for 20-25 minutes, until the brownies are just lightly browned at the edges and the center is set (it may look moist, but will not be sticky when lightly pressed). Cool before slicing.

Makes 20 bars.

Mahlzeit!
-Coriaunty

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...