Monday, May 16, 2011

(The Best Ever!) Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies

I landed my dream job this summer working at Great Harvest Bread Co. It's so much fun and we make THE most delicious breads, cookies, rolls, muffins, cinnamon rolls, etc. Pretty much we bake the best everything. One of these everythings includes pumpkin chocolate chip bread and cookies. For some reason that bread was the only think I wanted to eat today, so I (gave in to my weakness and...) had a few slices at work and then came home and whipped up a batch of my favorite pumpkin chocolate chip cookie recipe (recipe: courtesy of my best friend and slightly modified by me). Bad and good idea. I can't decide which it is. Bad for my waistline, good for my stomach. Good thing I gave them all away. One of my favorite things about these cookies is that they're cookies rather than cake. So many times pumpkin cookies end up being little lumps of cake, but not these. Now add the perfect amount of cinnamon and chocolate chips and you really do get the best ever pumpkin chocolate chip cookies. Enjoy!

2 1/2- 3 C Flour
1 C Oats
1 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Cinnamon
1/2 tsp Salt
3/4 C Butter
1 C Brown Sugar
1 C White Sugar
1 Egg
1 tsp Vanilla
2 C Pumpkin
1 Bag Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips

1. Mix flour, oats, soda, cinnamon, and salt together.

2. In a separate bowl cream together the butter and sugars. Then add egg, vanilla, and pumpkin.

3. Combine dry with wet ingredients. Mix until just combined. Add chocolate chips and mix.

4. Place cookies by heaping spoonfuls two inches apart on a greased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 for 9-10 minutes (small cookies) or 11-13 minutes (large cookies). Let cooked cookies rest one minute before removing to a cooling rack.

Mahlzeit!
-Coriaunty

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...