Saturday, May 14, 2011

Apple Cinnamon Cheddar Grilled Cheese


I absolutely love cheese, but I had no clue just how much I loved it until Chemist Cuisinier PhD brought a variety of cheeses home from Wisconsin and I tried a slice of Apple Cinnamon Cheddar. Head over heels in love. That's all that really needs to be said. Inspired, I decided to make a sandwich of a similar flavor: Apple Cinnamon Cheddar Grilled Cheese. It definitely hit the spot. Although it is by no means a substitute, or even comparable to the original cheese, it's pretty darn good. So good I have already made it again.

2 Slices Bread
1/2 Gala Apple, peeled and sliced
2 Slices Sharp Cheddar Cheese
Cinnamon

Place apple slices on bread and sprinkle (relatively generously) with cinnamon.  Cover slices with cheddar cheese. Sprinkle with more cinnamon. Top with bread. Cook on stove over medium heat until cheese is melted and bread is golden brown.

Mahlzeit!
-Coriaunty

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...