Thursday, November 18, 2010

Chocolate Chip Cookie Trials - Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Cookies



Round three of our Chocolate Chip Cookie Trials features Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Cookies. I was incredibly excited for this recipe, because I really enjoy whole wheat recipes, and was intrigued by its application in a chocolate chip cookie. I was incredibly underwhelmed, however, as the recipe did not go over well.

Phase 1, dough: The dough was good. It was grainy, where regular chocolate chip cookie dough is creamy and smooth, but that is to be expected with the whole wheat flour. Phase 2, baked: This is where we started having problems. The recipe calls for the dough to be scooped into mounds of about 3 tablespoons in size, and baked from 16 to 20 minutes. I scooped my cookies smaller (a heaping tablespoon), and still had to bake them for 16 minutes. They did not hold a shape, and spread a lot. They were very thin. After pulling them out of the oven, I let them sit on the baking sheet for several minutes to set up. They would otherwise not have made it off the baking sheet. The flavor was good, but the cookie did not hold together well. Phase 3, chilled: I haven't actually tried a chilled cookie. I was so unimpressed that I don't really have a big desire to eat another one. Kind of sad, a little dissapointing, but I will not be thwarted. I will not post the recipe here, but it is a recipe from Fine Cooking, and you can find it here.


-Cardamommy

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...