Friday, May 27, 2011

A Cheesy Obsession

This is (one of) my guilty pleasures. Yep. Cheese. But not just any cheese, my friends. I do not like the cheap-o Smith's or Macy's cheese, which is the consistency of warm playdough and tastes about the same. Nor do I like the processed plastic we fondly refer to as American Cheese. What I do like is the real stuff that is carried to me, straight from Wisconsin, in a cute little purse by a cute little Chemist Cuisinier, PhD. Those are the cheeses that please my palate. Apple & Cinnamon Cheddar is by far my favorite and has, in fact, inspired a few recipes. There's just something about apple, cinnamon, and aged cheddar that makes a perfect, albeit very different cheese. Other Wisconsin cheeses I've sampled include aged cheddar, maple syrup cheddar, baked cheese, and chocolate cheese. Rich and creamy, the chocolate cheese is one of the most interesting and delicious of the cheeses. It just weirds you out a little because you must remember you're eating cheese, not fudge. Added today to the "tasted" list is Blueberry Cheddar. To die for. As mentioned, these come from Wisconsin and are made by Brennan's. I must say, they do cheese the right way. I highly recommend you broaden your horizons and begin exploring the world of cheese. You'll thank (and curse) me for it later.

1 comments :

Kristy said...

So jealous -- I love cheese too!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...