Wednesday, December 22, 2010

White Chocolate Trail Mix


I decided that this year I would make my job easier, and not bake 16 different types of cookies for our Christmas treat tins.  I decided to make this trail mix to fill the tins and give away, thus also getting rid of it so that I don't find it residing in my stomach.  Sounds like a great way to make my life easier, huh?  Sure!  That is unless I make the trail mix and still bake 16 different types of cookies.  Tis the season for giving, though, and it is a good thing because if you don't give it away, you  my find this treat residing in your stomach as well.

White Chocolate Trail Mix

16 cups popped popcorn (1/2 cup + 2 heaping Tablespoons), unpopped kernels removed
3 cups whole grain cheerios (or any other flavor)
1 (14 ounce) package M&Ms
1 (12 ounce) bag butter spindle pretzels
1 (10 ounce) bag toffee bits
2 (12 ounces each) bags white chocolate chips
2 Tablespoons canola oil

In a very large bowl (you may need to divide between two bowls), combine the popcorn, cereal, M&Ms,  pretzels, and toffee bits.  Set aside.  In a medium bowl, combine the white chocolate chips and oil.  Microwave in 30 second intervals until chocolate is melted, stirring until smooth.  Pour melted chocolate over the popcorn mixture and toss to coat.  Immediately spread onto two baking sheets, or on sheets of wax paper.  Let stand until cool and dry, about 2 hours.  Store in an air-tight container.  Makes 37 servings (1-cup each).

Enjoy!  -Cardamommy

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...