Thursday, December 9, 2010

Honey Cornbread


I love honey.  I love to eat it.  Straight out of the jar.  You think that's wierd?  Maybe you've never tried it.  So, what goes great with honey?  Cornbread, of course.  I like my cornbread a little sweet (have you noticed a trend here?), so the honey in the batter makes it just perfect.  I purchase raw local honey, which is incredibly delicious, and in my opinion kicks anything store bought out of the running (I don't eat store bought honey straight out of the jar).  Whichever you like, you will like it in this cornbread.

 Honey Cornbread

 1 cup Flour
1 cup Corn Meal
1/4 cup sugar
1 Tbsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Salt
1/4 cup Honey
1/2 stick Melted Butter
2 Eggs, lightly beaten
1 cup Buttermilk

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly grease a small baking dish or cake pan.
In a small bowl, combine flour, corn meal, sugar, baking powder,and salt.  In a separate larger bowl, whisk together the melted butter, and honey.  Add the beaten eggs and buttermilk, and whisk until well combined. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix just until they are combined. Do not over mix.  Pour into the prepared baking dish. Bake for 30 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.

Enjoy!  -Cardamommy

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...