Friday, December 17, 2010

Malted White Hot Chocolate


Since I have some serious hot chocolate lovers at my house, I couldn't pass up the opportunity to try this recipe (slightly adapted) out today.  My hungry puppies and I were outside shoveling the driveway.  Well, I was shoveling.  They were anti-shoveling.  Anyway, this was my self imposed punishment for having a piece of pie for lunch.  So why would I make a super rich pot of hot chocolate right afterwards?  Good question.  In my defense, I only had one taste (a mouthful size taste, not an "I just tasted half the batch" taste.  This hot chocolate is quite sweet, and very rich.  Perfect for a cold winter day.

Malted White Hot Chocolate
 
2 cups half-and-half
1 cup whole milk
1 cup skim milk
6 ounces whited chocolate chips
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 cup malted milk powder

In a saucepan over medium heat, combine the milks, half-and-half, white chocolate, vanilla extract, and salt.  Whisk until the white chocolate is completely melted, and the mixture is very hot (not boiling).  Add the malted milk powder, and whisk until completely dissolved.  Makes 4 servings.

Enjoy!  -Cardamommy

1 comments :

Victoria Heinicke said...

Interesting post. I have been wondering about this issue, so thanks for posting. Pretty cool post. It’s really very nice and Useful post. Thanks
malts for sale

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...