Sunday, November 7, 2010

Pinwheel


This is my go-to recipe for get togethers and parties and such. It's fast, extremely easy to make, and everybody loves it; it's gone within minutes and leaves people begging for more. You may adjust the measurements to fit your taste and it will still turn out fabulously. It's fail-safe!
I got this recipe from my mother and have changed it (as I always do) to fit my liking.

Pinwheel

1 loaf bread dough (I use the Egg Bread recipe from Better Homes & Gardens)
1 pkg cream cheese (I use light cream cheese)
2 tsp minced garlic
thinly sliced ham
parsley flakes
poppy seeds

On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into a large rectangle (about 1/4 inch thick). In a medium bowl combine cream cheese and garlic. Spread over dough, up to the edges. Sprinkle desired amount of parsley flakes. Lay ham slices on dough up to the edges. You may add multiple layers of ham, depending on how much you want. Roll the dough up like a cinnamon roll and seal the edges. Place in a greased 9x13 pan. Make slices in the roll 3/4 of the way through, about 1 inch apart. Pull the pieces apart slightly to separate. Sprinkle poppy seeds over the roll. Bake at 350 for 30-40 minutes.
-Coriaunty

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...