Monday, November 29, 2010

Almond Joy Truffles

Does the thought of making truffles cause you to run to the corner and hide behind your apron? Well, fear not my fellow culinary creators! It's simple. I used a very basic truffle recipe found here to cook up some Almond Joy Truffles. The truffles are so smooth, creamy, and buttery; they really do melt in your mouth (and in your hand, for that matter...so eat 'em up!).

I found that making 20 truffles was not enough--not that I needed more, just that there was too much chocolate in relation to the size of the almond inside each truffle. The almond got lost inside, and every person who ate a truffle was very surprised to suddenly find a tiny little nut in the middle. Instead of working together, the chocolate dominated the flavor of the almond.
All in all this is a delicious recipe that is so easy and takes so little time. Do I have future modifications? Indeed! I want to add some almond extract to the chocolate to help the almond speak up a bit. I also will make smaller chocolate portions so the almond does not get lost. For the calorie-conscious, I will be trying this recipe with milk instead of cream. I have no idea if it will work and be delicious, or if it will fail and be the most disgusting thing ever. But I will post either way!

1/3 Heavy cream
4 T Butter
8 oz dark chocolate (or chocolate of your choice), coarsely chopped
20 almonds, toasted
sweetened flaked coconut, toasted

In a small saucepan, heat cream and butter over medium heat until hot. Stir in chocolate until melted. Chill in refrigerator or freezer for a few hours until it is firm. Make sure it's not too hard but be careful so it does not become to warm and soft. Roll into (at least) 20 balls, placing an almond in the center of each. Roll the truffle in toasted coconut.

Mahlzeit!
-Coriaunty

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...