Monday, July 25, 2016

S'mores Granola


I found a recipe on Food Network for s'mores granola, and it was a no brainer that it would be coming out my kitchen.  I love granola, and I totally love s'mores.  I think that I mostly love the marshmallow and chocolate together.  In fact, I confess that last time we had real roast your marshmallow s'mores, I sandwiched my warm gooey toasty marshmallow between two chocolate squares.  I don't regret it.  And I would totally do it again.  For this recipe, I used marshmallow bits so I didn't have to worry about stale marshmallows, because no.  Also, I drizzle the chocolate over the top of the granola/marshmallow bit mixture to get a more even distribution of the chocolate flavor. Oatmeal and Golden Grahams are sweetened and baked with honey and brown sugar, then tossed with marshmallow bits and drizzled with melted chocolate.  Breakfast anyone?

S'mores Granola

4 Tablespoons butter, melted
3 Tablespoons packed brown sugar
3 Tablespoons honey
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup quick oats
3/4 cup old fashioned oats
1 1/2 cups Golden Grahams cereal
3/4 cup marshmallow bits
1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips, melted

Preheat the oven to 350F.  Lightly grease a rimmed baking sheet.

In a large bowl, stir together the butter, brown sugar, honey, vanilla, and salt until combined.  Add the quick oats, old fashioned oats, and cereal and stir until the mixture is evenly coated.  

Spread the oat mixture on the prepared baking sheet and bake in the preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes, stirring once halfway through baking, or until golden.  Remove the granola from the oven and let cool.  Sprinkle the marshmallow bits into the granola, then drizzle the melted chocolate over the top.  Let the chocolate set completely before storing.  Makes about 6 cups.

Enjoy!  -Cardamommy


0 comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...