Friday, July 15, 2016

Coconut Mint Macaroon Brownies


I saw this idea in a King Arthur Flour catalog a while back, and I totally wanted to create it on my own from scratch.  I put it on my to do list and was so excited to make it!  And then things got totally nuts.  And all baking motivation completely left me.  And so I kind of ended up having to force myself to make these brownies.  Which led me to cheat a little bit.  I used a boxed brownie mix.  And you should too if you want to/need to.  Or you can use your favorite brownie recipe and make them from scratch.  Either way, you win, because these bars will be on your plate.  Also, do you remember these Chocolate Dipped Mint Coconut Macaroons?  I do.  In fact, I think of them often and how amazing they were.  I get it.  Coconut and mint and chocolate do not sound like a match made in heaven. But they totally work.  I swear.  Try it.

Coconut Mint Macaroon Brownies

Brownies:
18 ounce Brownie Mix (or use your favorite homemade recipe!!)
Ingredients called for on the box

Macaroon:
2 eggs
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon mint extract
3 cups shredded coconut
1/2 cup all purpose flour

Preheat the oven to 350F.  Line a 9x9 inch square pan with foil and grease the foil.

Prepare the brownies according to the package directions.  

While the brownies are baking, in a large bowl stir together the eggs, sugar, vanilla, and mint extract until smooth.  Add the coconut and flour and stir until well combined.  

When the brownies are almost done (the edges should be pulling away from the sides, but a toothpick inserted in the center will have a bit of batter), remove them from the oven and spoon the coconut macaroon mixture evenly over the top.  Return the pan to the oven and continue baking for 25 to 30 minutes, or utnil a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.  Let brownies cool completely in the pan.  Use the foil to lift the cooled brownies out of the pan and cut into bars.  Makes 16 bars.

Enjoy!  -Cardamommy


0 comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...