Friday, January 25, 2013

Peanut Butter Snickers Cookies


The idea for these cookies came to me in my sleep the other day.  Sometimes, when I am sleeping, or right on the verge of sleeping, I have random thoughts pop into my head.  They are always brilliant thoughts, which make me worry that I will forget them by the time I wake up.  Weirdness.  I know.  Well, I remembered this one, and when I told my Hungry Puppies about these cookies, they may have drooled a little bit.  At least one jaw hit the floor, and I definitely had a declaration of "You're the best Mom EVER!".  Good enough for me.  Coincidentally, my husband may also have drooled and declared me the best wife ever.  You know how it is.  Also coincidentally enough, the snickers (leftover from Halloween if you can believe it) are in the restricted section of the pantry.  I revel in my kitchen power.

Peanut Butter Snickers Cookies

3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter
1 cup peanut butter (I used crunchy, use your favorite)
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups chopped Snickers candy bars (about 18 fun size)

Preheat the oven to 375F.  Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.

Cream together the butter, peanut butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar.  Add the egg and vanilla and beat until well blended.  Beat in the flour, baking soda, and salt until incorporated.  Stir in the chopped Snickers.  

Use a cookie scoop to drop the dough onto the prepared baking sheet.  Bake for 12 minutes, until the cookies are set on the top.  Remove cookies from the oven and let cool on the pan for about 5 minutes.  Transfer cookies to a cooling rack to cool completely.  Makes about 30 cookies.

Enjoy!  -Cardamommy

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...