Friday, January 11, 2013

Caramel Pecan Chocolate Chunk Cookies



When I saw a recipe for these cookies, I knew that I absolutely had to try them because they looked so delicious, and oh did I ever.  And oh were they ever.  I made a few minor changes to the recipe, and these cookies were perfect.  I absolutely love the combination of caramel and pecan, and the chocolate chunks provide a perfect burst of chocolatey goodness.  Adding caramel to a chocolate chip and pecan cookie was definitely one of those "Now why did I not ever think of that???" moments for me.  These cookies will be repeated in my kitchen.  If my husband has anything to say about it, they will be repeated often.  If my Hungry Puppies have anything to say about it, they will be repeated soon.

Caramel Pecan Chocolate Chunk Cookies

3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter, room temperature
3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups all purpose flour
2 teaspoons cornstarch
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup chocolate chunks
3/4 cup caramel bits (or use regular caramels, chopped into 4-6 pieces each)
1/2 cup chopped pecans

Preheat the oven to 350F.  Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.

In the bowl of a stand mixer, or with a hand mixer, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar.  Beat in the egg and vanilla, scraping down the sides of the bowl if necessary.  Add the flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt, and beat until the dough comes together.  Add the chocolate chunks, caramel bits, and pecans, and slowly beat until evenly distributed.

Drop dough with a cookie scoop (about 2 tablespoons) onto the prepared baking sheet.  Bake for about 10 minutes, or until the cookies are just set and golden at the edges, being careful not to overbake.  Remove the cookies from the oven and let cool on the pan for a minute or two before transferring the cookies to a cooling rack.  Makes 2 dozen cookies.

Enjoy!  -Cardamommy

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...