Monday, January 28, 2013

Granola Chocolate Chip Cookies


I don't know how it is in your kitchen, but occasionally I will buy something that I don't normally buy, but for cooking purposes only!  I make declarations and swear out edicts.  I make large signs and rig booby traps around the restricted section of my pantry.  This tends to make my family (mostly my husband, okay, only my husband) very antsy.  They (he) will prowl around the restricted section asking incessantly when I'm going to open the protected item.  What am I going to make with it?  Will you use it soon?  I bought some granola with the purpose of using it in baking applications, and sort of kind of forgot about it.  Oh, but my husband didn't.  He has his eye on those boxes.  So I had the idea to make granola chocolate chip cookies.  These cookies turned out wonderfully!  They remind me a bit of oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, but with crunchy flavorful bursts of granola.  I think that the biggest thing that I would change would be to add more granola.

Granola Chocolate Chip Cookies

3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter
3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups all purpose flour
2 teaspoons cornstarch
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
1 1/2 cups granola (homemade or commercial)

Preheat the oven to 350F.  Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.

Cream together the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar until light and fluffy.  Add the egg and vanilla extract and beat until well combined.  Add the flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt and beat until completely incorporated.  Stir in the chocolate chips and granola.

Scoop the dough using a cookie scoop (about 2 tablespoons) and place on the prepared baking sheet.  Bake for about 12 minutes, until the top is just set and the edges are a light golden brown.  Remove cookies from the oven and let cool on the pan for 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.  Makes about 2 dozen cookies.

Enjoy!  -Cardamommy

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...