Saturday, February 19, 2011

Grilled Caesar Chicken Wrap

"...And then I had a taste...now I'm a believer!" Wait, that's not how the song goes. But seriously, Cardamommy has raved and raved about King Arthur Flour for years. Ok so maybe not that long, but she's been going on about it for a really long time. My initial reaction was a "Well, thanks for that. I'll log that away," but this week I decided to investigate a little further into this person they call King Arthur. I must say, I'm impressed. Especially after making this recipe. Team Cardamommy/King Aurthur: 1. Team Coriaunty: well, we'll let you do the math.

I deviated ever so slightly from the original recipe. I cooked the onions with the chicken and a dash of chipotle, sautéed the zucchini, and left the bell peppers raw (I think bell peppers taste best that way). Toss it all together on your soft-wrap-bread and lettuce, top with homemade caesar dressing, and voillà: a delectable, healthy, and filling wrap. I loved the softness of the chicken and onions contrasted with the crunchy of the zucchini and slight sweetness of the red bell pepper, and the extra zing provided by the caesar dressing. My only complaint: the caesar dressing was a little too olive-oily for me, so I'll decrease the amount I use next time. Which will be very soon. Toques off to you, Mr. King Aurthur; I'm a believer.


Wrap Bread:
3 C All-Purpose Flour
1 1/4 C Boiling Water
1 1/4 C Potato Flour or 1/2 C Potato Buds/Flakes
1 1/4 tsp Salt
2 T Vegetable Oil
1 tsp Instant Yeast


Caesar Dressing:
1-4 Cloves Garlic, peeled and minced
2 T Lemon Juice
2 T Dijon Mustard
2 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
1/4 C Sour Cream
3/4 C Olive Oil
1 C Parmesan Cheese, grated
1 tsp Black Pepper, ground


Chicken/Veggi Filling:
1 lb Boneless Chicken breasts or thighs
1 Large Red Bell Pepper, seeded and sliced
1 Large Onion
1 Medium Zucchini, sliced
Romaine Lettuce


For Bread:
Place 2 C flour into a bowl. Pour the boiling water over the flour and stir till smooth. Cover the bowl and set aside for 30 minutes. In a separate bowl whisk together potato flakes, remaining 1 C flour, salt, oil, and yeast. Add this to the cooled flour/water mix. Stir, then knead for several minutes. The dough should form a ball, but will remain somewhat sticky. Add additional flour only if necessary. Keep hands and working surface slightly oiled. Let dough rise, covered, for 1 hr. Divide into 8 pieces and let rise 15-30 minutes.


Roll out each piece into a 7-8 inch circle and dry-fry them over medium heat about 1 minute per side, until puffed and flecked. Transfer cooked bread to a rack, stacking to keep soft.


For Dressing:
Whisk together all ingredients in order listed. Refrigerate if you're not going to use it within about an hour.


Filling:
Grill chicken and vegetables over medium coals until done (or sauté them in a skillet). Place a lettuce leaf on each bread. Spoon some of the filling--either hot or cold depending on your preference--down the center, atop the lettuce. Top with dressing and serve.


Mahlzeit!
-Coriaunty

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...