Friday, September 6, 2013

White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Snickerdoodles


I've never been a "can't live without" snickerdoodles fan.  In fact, I can count the number of times I have made them on one hand.  Don't get me wrong, I definitely like snickerdoodles, they just don't ever come to my mind when I think about what kind of cookies to bake.  I do adore white chocolate and cinnamon together, as evidenced by this cake, and couldn't resist adding some white chocolate chips to my snickerdoodles.  Then I decided, why stop there?  Let's really make these cookies over the top and add macadamia nut.  This is definitely my new go to snickerdoodle recipe, with or without white chocolate chips and macadamias.  It is probably the best incarnation I have ever tasted. The addition of vegetable shortening, instead of all butter lets these cookies spread the perfect amount, and the Vietnamese cinnamon is perfectly strong and sharp.  Absolutely delicious.  One quick note: there is no vanilla in these cookies.  This is not a mistake.  I may have panicked a little when I left out vanilla, but trust me, it is a good choice.

White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Snickerdoodles

1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 Tablespoon Vietnamese cinnamon
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, room temperature
1/2 cup vegetable shortening
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
2 eggs
2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
2 teaspoons cream of tartar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup white chocolate chips
3/4 cup chopped macadamia nuts

Preheat the oven to 375F.  Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.  In a shallow dish, combine the 1/4 cup sugar and cinnamon.  Set aside.

Cream together the butter, shortening, and sugar until light and fluffy.  Beat in the eggs until incorporated.  Add the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt and beat until just combined.  Stir in the white chocolate chips and macadamia nuts.

Using a 2 tablespoon cookie scoop, scoop the dough into balls and roll in the cinnamon sugar mixture until completely and evenly coated.  Place cookie dough balls on the prepared baking sheet.  Bake the cookies for about 12 minutes, or until the edges are very lightly browned and the center is just set but still soft and puffy.  Remove cookies from the oven and let cool on the pan for about 5 minutes.  Transfer cookies to a cooling rack to cool completely.  Makes 24 cookies.  

Enjoy!  -Cardamommy

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...