Friday, September 20, 2013

No Bake Cookie Bars with Honey and Coconut Oil


A friend of mine gave me a plate of these delicious no bake cookie bars a couple weeks ago, and they were an instant hit at my house.  Thankfully she gave me the recipe because I think that this is our all time favorite no bake cookie recipe ever.  These bars are fudgy and dense and oatmeally and delicious.  You can easily double this recipe.  In fact, I halved the original recipe but forgot to halve the oats in my first batch!  They were still delicious, so if you like an oatier cookie bar, you can add up to double the amount that the recipe calls for and they will turn out just fine.  My second batch had the correct amount of all ingredients, but I can't decide if I like the extra oat or the regular oat version better.  In the picture, the bars on the left have double the oatmeal, and the bars on the right have the normal amount called for in the recipe. Also, if you're like me and don't like banana chips, you can add chopped walnuts, pecans, peanuts or cranberries instead.  

No Bake Cookie Bars with Honey and Coconut Oil

1/2 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/4 cup honey
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup quick oats
1/2 cup old fashioned oats
1/4 cup shredded coconut
1/2 cup banana chips, coarsely broken

Lightly spray a 9x9 inch square pan with cooking spray.

Place the peanut butter, coconut oil, and honey in a medium saucepan.  Heat the mixture over medium heat, stirring frequently, until melted and smooth.  Add the chocolate chips and stir until melted.  Remove mixture from the heat and add quick oats, old fashioned oats, coconut, and banana chips, stirring until well combined.  Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and refrigerate until firm.  Makes 16 bars.

Enjoy!  -Cardamommy

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...