Monday, July 29, 2013

Cinnamon Raisin Brown Rice Pudding


I have been meaning to make rice pudding using brown rice for quite some time now.  It has actually been on my to do list for months.  I decided to make rice pudding for breakfast, then decided to use brown rice instead of white.  Only then did I realize that it was on my list!  Well, I got it done, and here we are.  I really really love this rice pudding, and it was a big hit!  It is very moist and creamy, even the next day.  The warm cinnamon is perfect with the plump sweet raisins.  

Cinnamon Raisin Brown Rice Pudding

2 Tablespoons cornstarch
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups milk
1 egg
2 cups cooked brown rice 
2 Tablespoons butter
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cups raisins

In a large saucepan, combine the cornstarch, sugar, and salt.  Slowly whisk in the milk and egg.  Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently until the mixture is thick and steaming.  Do not boil, you don't want to scramble the egg.  

Remove the mixture from the heat and stir in the cooked brown rice, butter, vanilla, cinnamon, and raisins.  Serve warm or cold.  Makes about 4 servings.

Enjoy!  -Cardamommy

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...