Monday, April 15, 2013

Chocolate Cookies and Cream Cookies



I am giving you a gift today.  The gift of chocolate cookies and cream.  That is exactly what came to my mind when I tasted these cookies.  They taste exactly like cookies and cream, but with a chocolate instead of vanilla base.  Incredible.  I am so in love.  I may have to hide these cookies from myself (which would probably be counterproductive since I would know where they are...).  So, when I made these cookies, I had a flashback to a totally different batch of Triple Chocolate Oreo Chunk Cookies that I made about a year ago.  These cookies reminded me so much of the others, that I named them the same thing without even realizing it.  So I changed the name.

These cookies use shortening instead of butter, which makes them deliciously crisp and chewy at the same time.  They have delightfully huge chunks of Oreo in them and are loaded with chocolate.  The cookie dough is very dry and crumbly, so don't be alarmed when it tries hard to fall apart when you scoop it. Original recipe found here.

Triple Chocolate Oreo Chunk Cookies

1 cup butter-flavored shortening
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar 
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cups semi sweet chocolate chips or chunks (I used a little of each)
12-15 Oreos, roughly cut into quarters
3/4 cup white chocolate chips

Preheat the oven to 375F.  Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.

In a large bowl, place the shortening, sugar, eggs, and vanilla.  Beat together until completely combined and smooth.  Add the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt.  Beat until combined.  Stir in the chocolate chips, white chocolate chips, and Oreos.  The dough will be dry and a bit crumbly.  

Scoop dough with a cookie scoop (2 Tablespoon size) and place on the prepared baking sheet.  With the palm of your hand, press down on the top of each dough ball until flattened slightly.  Bake for 10 minutes.  Remove cookies from the oven, then transfer to a cooling rack to cool.  Makes 2 1/2 dozen cookies.

Enjoy!  -Cardamommy

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...