Monday, July 23, 2012

Peach Pie


I love peaches!  I just bought a ton of them, and am so excited to get baking!  First up is a  peach pie.  I don't have a go-to peach pie recipe, so every time I make one I find a new recipe.  This pie was really good.  It was a little more liquidy than I would have liked,  but the flavor is good.  I don't peel my peaches before I bake with them.  I know, the horror! I don't see any problem with peach skins, and I don't feel that they negatively impact the dish at all.  Plus, I think that peeling peaches is a hassle, a pain, and a waste of my time.  So.  Peel if you feel so inclined.  Don't peel them if you'd rather not.


Peach Pie


Pastry for a double crust 9 inch pie
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup cornstarch
2 Tablespoons flour
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/8 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon almond extract
6 cups sliced fresh peaches (about 6 to 8 medium peaches)


Preheat the oven to 375F.  Line a 9 inch pie plate with the bottom pastry.  Set aside.


In a large bowl, combine the sugar, cornstarch, flour, nutmeg, and salt.  Stir in the lemon juice, vanilla extract and almond extract.  Add the peaches and toss gently until the peaches are evenly coated.  Pour the peach filling into the prepared bottom crust.  Cover the pie with the remaining crust and seal and crimp the edges.  Cut vents in the crust to let the steam escape.


Bake the pie for about 60 to 70 minutes.  If the crust gets too brown, cover it loosely with foil.  Remove pie from the oven and let cool on a wire rack.  Makes about 8 servings.


Enjoy!  -Cardamommy

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...