Monday, July 16, 2012

Topopo Salad



Back in May, my little brother graduated from Utah State University in Logan, Utah.  While we were there, we went to a Mexican restaurant for lunch, where I had this delicious salad.  Oh my goodness.  As soon as I got home, I got to work making this salad.  And it is delicious.  Fabulous.  Stupendous.  My hungry puppies request it frequently.  This dish is essentially a tostada shell spread with warm refried beans and topped with lettuce, tomato, cheese, chicken, and salad dressing. Sounds simple.  It totally is.  And worth it.  

Topopo Salad

6 to 8 Tostada Shells (I usually have one per small eater plate and 2-3 per big eater plate)
1 can Refried Beans, warmed
1 head Chopped lettuce
3 tomatoes, chopped
parmesan cheese
shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 to 1 pound cooked shredded chicken
Salad dressing (we like bleu cheese, honey mustard, or ranch)

Microwave the tostada shells for about 10 to 15 seconds each until they are warm and crispy.  Spread the desired amount of refried beans on the tostada shell.  Place lettuce, tomato, parmesan and cheddar cheese, and chicken on top of the tostada shell.  Drizzle salad dressing over the top.  Makes about 4 servings.

Enjoy!  -Cardamommy

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...