Friday, June 22, 2012

Oatmeal Peanut-Butter-Scotch Chip Cookies

I really like the combination of butterscotch and peanut butter chips.  I feel that they work surprisingly well together, and in a cookie with the nutty flavor of oatmeal?  They are delicious.  I always have an incredibly hard time finding good oatmeal cookie recipes.  I am not sure why, but the perfect texture and thickness always eludes me.  It is maddening.  This time, instead of searching my cookbook library and the internet for hours looking for a potential oatmeal cookie recipe, I did something uncharacteristic.  I went straight to the back of the Gold Medal Flour bag and made a couple minor changes.  Rarely do I use the recipe given on the back of a product, but this time it turned out to be an absolute success.  I will be making this my go  "go to" oatmeal cookie recipe.


Oatmeal Peanut-Butter-Scotch Chip Cookies


1 cup butter, room temperature
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups quick cooking oats
1 cup butterscotch chips
1 cup peanut butter chips


Preheat the oven to 350F.  Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.


In a bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar. Add the egg and vanilla extract and beat until well blended.  Add the flour, baking soda, salt, and oats and mix until completely incorporated.  Stir in the butterscotch and peanut butter chips.


Drop heaping tablespoonfuls of dough onto the prepared baking sheet, about 2 inches apart.  Bake for about 11 minutes or until light golden brown.  Remove cookies from the oven and let cool on the baking sheet for several minutes.  Transfer cookies to a cooling rack to cool completely.  Makes about 36 cookies.


Enjoy!  -Cardamommy

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...