Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Tweaky Tollhouse Cookies



I came across this recipe the other day and I just knew that I had to try it.  In a matter of 3 days, I had already made it twice and put my own spin on it.  You know me.  I am always on the look out for the next really good really successful chocolate chip cookie recipe.  For whatever reason, chocolate chip cookies are my nemesis.  These cookies are an absolute keeper though.  My entire family loves them.  They are crisp and crunchy while still chewy in the middle.  Perfection.  Original recipe found here.


Tweaky Tollhouse Cookies


1 cup butter flavored crisco
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 large eggs
2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup quick oats
1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup white chocolate chips
1/2 cup chocolate covered toffee bits
1/2 cup chopped pecans


Preheat the oven to 375F.  Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, set aside.


In a medium sized bowl, cream together the shortening, sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla.  Beat in the eggs.  Add the flour, baking soda, salt, and oats, and beat together until well completely combined.  Stir in the semi sweet chips, white chips, toffee bits, and pecans.  Drop rounded tablespoonfuls of dough onto the prepared baking sheet.  Bake in the preheated oven for 11 to 12 minutes or until the cookies are lightly browned.  Remove from the oven and let cookies cool on the pan for several minutes, then transfer cookies to a cooling rack to cool.  Makes about 2 dozen cookies.


Enjoy!  -Cardamommy

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...