Friday, March 23, 2012

Triple Cheese Bread


This is another absolutely delicious bread!  We seem to go through a lot of bread at our house, and I definitely have my regular plain old ordinary "go to" recipe.  You know, the one that you don't even have to get the recipe out because you make it so often that it is in your head?  As a kid, I could never figure out how my mom could just make bread with no cookbook.  Now I know.  This bread is not my "go to" recipe, but it is so delicious that I need to put it back into circulation.  This bread is soft and moist and slightly cheesy.  I'm sure it will be gone in a day or so.


Triple Cheese Bread


3/4 cup warm water
2 Tablespoons sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
2 Tablespoons softened butter
3 cups flour
1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese (I used smoked cheddar)
1/2 cup cottage cheese
3 Tablespoons parmesan cheese
2 teaspoons yeast


Combine the ingredients in a bread machine and set machine to the dough cycle.  If making by hand, dissolve the yeast in warm water, then add the remaining ingredients and mix to form a soft dough.  Knead until smooth and elastic.  Place in a greased bowl, covered, and let rise for about 1 hour.


Preheat the oven to 350F.  Grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan.  When the dough cycle has finished and the bread has risen, punch the dough down and form into a loaf.  Place the dough into the prepared pan.  Cover and let rise 30 to 45 minutes.  Bake for 20 to 30 minutes or until golden brown.  Makes 1 9x5 inch loaf.


Enjoy!  -Cardamommy

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...