Monday, March 19, 2012

Homemade Wheat Thins

I'm a sucker for wheat thins. It simply can't be helped. In fact, I sometimes bring wheat-thin-specific blinders to the store with me so I don't deplete the store of their cracker supply. You do what you have to, right? Fortunately for all parties involved, I discovered a recipe for homemade wheat thins. So good! This recipe is super simple and I threw it together in a matter of minutes.

1 1/4 C Whole Wheat Flour
1 1/2 T Sugar
1/2 tsp Salt, plus extra for sprinkling
1/4 tsp Paprika
4 T Butter
1/4 C + 2 T Water (or a little more if dough is too dry)
1/4 tsp Vanilla

1. Preheat oven to 400. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper

2. In a large bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients

3. Cut butter into the dry ingredients until crumbly. Mix water and vanilla together then pour into flour/butter mix. Stir until comes together. I used my hands for this. If dough is dry, add a splash of water, but you don't want your dough too sticky.

4. Divide the dough in half. Roll one half on a floured surface. Make it about 1/16 inch. Cut into squares with a pizza cutter. Transfer to pan with a spatula and sprinkle with salt. Repeat with remaining dough.

5. Bake for 8-10 minutes. Watch carefully because they burn quickly. Remove from oven, let cool, store in an airtight container.

Mahlzeit!
-Coriaunty

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...