Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Peanut Butter Caramel Apples


Since it is the season for caramel apples, I decided to try something a little bit different with this batch.  How delicious is peanut butter with apple?  So put that peanut butter in a caramel apple and top with honey roasted peanuts!  Although I don't like peanuts, I love me some peanut butter.  Of the creamy variety only.  Weird, I know, I have been through it before.  I only like creamy because it has no peanuts.  What do you think peanut butter is made out of?  Peanuts.  Then how can you not like peanuts?  Because I said so?  Anyway, these apples are good.  Caramely, peanut buttery, yumminess.  And I left the peanuts off of one...for the record.

Peanut Butter Caramel Apples

6 Medium Granny Smith apples, washed and with sticks inserted
1 pkg (14 ounces) caramels, unwrapped
2 Tablespoons water
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 to 1 cup chopped honey roasted peanuts

Line a baking sheet with wax paper, and grease the paper lightly.

In a medium bowl, combine the caramels, water, and peanut butter.  Heat in the microwave at 30 second intervals, stirring after each until completely melted and smooth.  Place the chopped peanuts in a bowl.   Hold an apple by the stick and dip in the caramel mixture until completely coated.  Let excess caramel drip off, then immediately dip in the honey roasted peanuts.  Place the apple on the prepared baking sheet.  Repeat with remaining apples, then chill until set.  Makes 6 caramel apples.

Enjoy!  -Cardamommy

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...