Friday, September 30, 2011

Banana Brownies


This is the second recipe in my banana trio.  I saw a recipe for banana brownies and was intrigued as I had never heard of banana brownies before.  I took my favorite brownie recipe and played with it just a bit to work in a banana.  The brownies are chocolatey and moist, with a definite hint of banana.  I'm thinking that I will have to try these with some caramel sauce...


Banana Brownies


1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted
1 cup + 2 Tablespoons sugar
1/2 cup + 2 Tablespoons cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 eggs
1 medium banana, mashed
3/4 cup all purpose flour


Preheat the oven to 350F.  Grease a 9 inch square pan.


In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the melted butter and sugar.  Stir in the cocoa powder, salt, baking powder, and vanilla.  Whisk in the eggs and mashed banana, then stir in the flour until completely combined.  


Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with a few moist crumbs.  Remove from the oven and let cool completely on a wire cooling rack before cutting.  Makes 9 to 12 brownies.


Enjoy!  -Cardamommy

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...