Thursday, August 25, 2011

Tomato Salad with Zesty Garlic Croutons

Tomato: fruit or veggie? Since I love both fruits and vegetables, it seems that for me the answer to that question is irrelevant. I'm an equal opportunity eater, which means I definitely don't discriminate. Today I wanted something really fresh and light to eat, so I took a step outside. Now, normally a step outside would only offer concrete and grass; however, I currently have access to a garden! In my wanderings through said garden I picked up one of my very favorite vegetables. Fruit. Whichever. Ripe and juicy, the tomatoes begged me to pick them and eat them [almost] completely unadulterated. So I brought them in, thew some croutons on them and ate them up. Simple. Delicious.

1 lb Tomatoes, sliced
2 tsp Olive Oil
2 tsp Balsamic Vinegar
1/8 tsp Salt
Pinch of Sugar
Freshly Ground Black Pepper
1 Handful Fresh Croutons

Wash and slice the tomatoes and place on plate. In a small bowl mix oil, vinegar, salt, sugar, and pepper. Pour over sliced tomatoes. Sprinkle with croutons and enjoy!

Mahlzeit!
-Coriaunty

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...