Sunday, August 21, 2011

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Fudge


I made this quick and easy recipe today on the spur of the moment.  Here I have my eggless cookie dough bites in the freezer just calling my name, so being a genius, instead of just eating it, I'll make something with them.  And how exactly does that make sense?  I'll eat them anyway!  It's just that now, they are enrobed in luscious fudgy chocolate.  Sometimes my thought process gets a little off.  Oh well.

This fudge is very fast and easy to make with ingredients that you have on hand already.  You can use as much or as little cookie dough as you like.  I used about 1/3 to 1/2 a batch of the same cookie dough used in the Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Rice Krispies Treats - Redux.  For the fudge, I kind of see it as a "cheater" fudge, as you simply melt chocolate chips with sweetened condensed milk.  However, who am I to knock the chocolate?  And cookie dough to boot?  A fast and fun candy treat.

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Fudge

1/2 batch Eggless cookie dough, rolled into marble size balls and frozen
2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
1 cup milk chocolate chips
1 (15 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk

Line an 8x8 inch square pan with tin foil, and grease the foil.  

In a medium saucepan over low heat, melt the chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk, stirring continuously until smooth.  When the chocolate is completely melted, remove from heat and carefully fold the cookie dough bites into the fudge (the fudge may be stiff at this point).  Immediately spread the fudge in the prepared pan and chill in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour before cutting.  Cut into squares and serve.  Makes about 36 pieces of fudge.

Enjoy!  -Cardamommy

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...