Thursday, August 4, 2011

Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

Just about every time I make a trip up to my sister's house, my brother-in-law begs me to bring up some oatmeal raisin cookies from Great Harvest. Just about every time I have to remind him that my Great Harvest only makes oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, which are unacceptable to him. So I went on another recipe hunt. I actually don't like oatmeal raisin cookies at all because they're always dry and slightly flavorless. However, I found a recipe that looked promising because it employed the use of brown sugar, which (I recently learned from my brand new Cookie Bible) helps keep cookies moist. Barely able to contain my excitement, I threw half of a batch (just to be safe) together and tossed them in the oven. When these giant cookies came out, my excitement significantly increased. I could barely wait until they cooled so I could try one. As soon as they did, I ran one out to my brother-in-law and then tried one myself. I nearly fainted. Dark, rich, chewy, moist on the inside, slightly crunchy on the outside. Perfection. My brother-in-law said they well exceeded expectations, and were better than bakery cookies. Needless to say, my batch of cookies very quickly disappeared.

2 C All Purpose Flour
1 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
1/4 tsp Salt
2 C Packed Brown Sugar
1 C Butter, softened
2 C Rolled Oats
2 Eggs
2 T Molasses
1 T Milk
2 C Raisins

Combine flour, powder, soda, and salt. Set aside.

Cream together butter and sugar. Add oats, eggs, molasses, and milk. Beat well. Add dry ingredients to wet and mix until well blended. Stir in raisins. Using a 1/4 C measuring cup, scoop dough and drop about 3 inches apart onto an ungreased cookie sheet.

Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes, until just starting to brown around the outside. Cool 2 minutes on cookie sheets, then remove and cool on racks.

Yield: 20-22 Giant Cookies

Mahlzeit!
-Coriaunty

1 comments :

Lisa said...

Oatmeal raisin cookies have always been a fave of mine. That molasses sounds like one tasty addition. I have a sweet treat linky party going on at my blog and I'd love it if you'd come by and link your cookies up. http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com/2011/08/sweets-for-saturday-29.html

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...