Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Cinnamon Coconut Oatmeal Cookies


So, I am still totally obsessed with cinnamon and coconut, which leaves no further explanation for these cookies necessary.  Well, except for maybe that they are amazing.  Even the dog liked them.  Yes, he is lucky to still be with us for stealing my cookies.  I got the original recipe for oatmeal raisin cookies last summer from my sister in law, Lalani.  I think that these are my absolute favorite oatmeal raisin cookies ever, so I just swapped out the raisins for coconut and added some extra cinnamon.  Incredible.  

Cinnamon Coconut Oatmeal Cookies

1 cup shortening (I used butter flavored)
1 cup sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
3 cups old fashioned oats
1 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups flaked coconut

Preheat the oven to 375F.  Cream together the shortening and sugars.  Beat in the eggs and vanilla.  In a separate bowl, combine the cinnamon, oats, flour, baking soda, and salt.  Gradually add to the creamed mixture, beating just until blended.  Stir in the coconut.  Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart on a parchment lined baking sheet.  Bake for 10 minutes.  Let cool on the pan for 2 minutes before removing to a cooling rack to cool completely.

Enjoy!  -Cardamommy

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...