Monday, September 8, 2014

White Chocolate Coconut Oatmeal Cookies


I came up with this recipe a lot of years ago, and it got buried in one of my infrequently used recipe binders.  Over the past 3 weeks or so (my Hungry Puppies would say that it felt more like 6 months!) I've been reorganizing my main recipe binder.  This is the binder where I keep my favorite recipes and the recipes I create.  I used to have them all categorized nicely, but then I just started printing them out chronologically.  Which was fine.  But there are getting to be so many, it's getting harder to find things!  This is a recipe that I unearthed and remembered as being a classic favorite.  Oatmeal, coconut, and white chocolate.  Simple and delicious.

White Chocolate Coconut Oatmeal Cookies

1 cup (2 sticks) butter, room temperature
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup quick oatmeal
1 cup shredded coconut
1 cup white chocolate chips

Preheat the oven to 350F.  Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.  Set aside.

In a large bowl, cream together the butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until light and fluffy.  Beat in the eggs, one at a time, followed by the vanilla extract.  Add the flour, baking soda, and salt, and beat until almost combined.  Add the oatmeal, coconut, and white chocolate chips, and beat on low until evenly distributed, and no streaks of flour remain.

Drop the dough by 2 tablespoonsful onto the prepared baking sheet.  Bake for 12 to 14 minutes, or until the cookies are just set in the center.  Remove cookies from the oven and let cool on the pan for several minutes before transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely.  Makes about 30 cookies.

Enjoy!  -Cardamommy

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...