Friday, September 26, 2014

Chunky Chocolate Chip Cookies


I've had this recipe on my to bake list for literally about 7 years.  Why oh why did I wait this long?  It is really odd to me, because I have flipped past this recipe over and over and over again, and every time I tell myself that I need to make it, and then I never ever do.  Until now.  I flipped past it again and thought "I really need to make these...". But No!  Not this time.  I decided to make them right then.  And they are amazing!  They are full of chips and toffee and nuts...delicious!

Chunky Chocolate Chip Cookies

1/4 cup butter, room temperature
1/4 cup butter flavored shortening
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
6 Tablespoons granulated sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
Pinch of salt
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
1/2 cup white chocolate chips
1/2 cup toffee bits
1/4 cup chopped pecans

Preheat the oven to 350F.  Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.  

Cream together the butter, shortening, brown sugar, and granulated sugar until light and fluffy.  Beat in the egg and vanilla until completely blended.  Add the flour, baking soda, and salt, and beat until just combined.  On low speed, beat in the mini chips, white chocolate chips, toffee bits, and pecans.

Scoop the dough into tablespoons size balls and place on the prepared baking sheet.  Flatten the dough balls very slightly with the palm of you hand (you don't want them to be flat, just take the curved dome off the top).  Bake for 9 to 10 minutes, or until light brown at the edges.  Remove cookies from the oven and transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.  Makes about 36 cookies.

Enjoy!  -Cardamommy

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...