Friday, September 19, 2014

Monster Cookies


I made these cookies as a special after school treat during the first week of school.  Because nothing says back to school like warm cookies and cold milk when you get home, right?  When I first started making these cookies, I didn't exactly read through the entire recipe before I started.  So, when I got to the part where you are supposed to add the flour and there was no flour called for in the recipe, I may have panicked just a little.  Okay, maybe I panicked a lot!  I don't think I've ever made monster cookies before, and I have rarely made flourless cookies.  Well, it was too late so I went with it.  No flour.  But look how amazing they turned out!  The cookies are full of oats, chocolate and peanut butter chips, and M&Ms.  They're chewy and delicious! Original recipe found here.

Monster Cookies

1 1/2 cups crunchy peanut butter (creamy peanut butter is fine too)
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, room temperature
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
3 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 cups quick oats
1 cup old fashioned oats
2 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
1 cup mini M&Ms
1 cup peanut butter chips

Preheat the oven to 350F.  Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.  Set aside.

In a large bowl or stand mixer, cream together the peanut butter and butter until smooth.  Beat in the granulated sugar and brown sugar until light and fluffy.  Beat in the eggs, one at a time, followed by the vanilla.  Add the quick oats, old fashioned oats, baking soda, and salt, and beat until combined.  Stir in the chocolate chips, M&Ms, and peanut butter chips.  

Scoop the dough into 2 tablespoons size balls, and place on the prepared baking sheet.  Bake in the preheated oven for 10 or 11 minutes, or until lightly browned.  Remove cookies from the oven and let cool for a couple minutes on the pan.  Transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.  Makes about 36 cookies.

Enjoy!  -Cardamommy


0 comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...