Friday, February 8, 2013

Strawberry Double Chip Cookies


Last year, I attempted to make pink chocolate chip cookies for my Hungry Puppies for Valentine's Day.  I failed miserably.  It was a sad sad day for pink cookies everywhere.  And my Hungry Puppies.  They were very underwhelmed.  It was embarrassing.  Did I mention that I used a cookie mix?  Oddly enough, cookie mixes always fail for me.  Good thing I rarely use them (I don't even need one hand to count the number of times).  So, this year, I decided to attempt the pink chocolate chip cookies again.  Using.....a strawberry cake mix!  Holy cow!  How obvious is that?  I've made exceptionally delicious cake mix cookies many times before that were a total success and absolute hit.  It should have been a no brainer to swap the chocolate or spice or whatever cake mix for strawberry to make it pink.  Throw in some dark chocolate and white chocolate chips, and you have a deliciously pink cookie for Valentine's Day.

Strawberry Double Chip Cookies

1 box Strawberry Cake Mix
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 egg
1/2 cup white chocolate chips
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips

Preheat the oven to 375F.  Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.  Set aside.

In a bowl, combine the cake mix, butter, and egg, and stir until well blended.  Add the white and dark chocolate chips and stir until completely incorporated.

Scoop dough into tablespoon size balls and place on the prepared baking sheet.  Bake for 10 minutes, or until cookies are just set and slightly golden on the edges.  Remove cookies from the oven and let cool on the pan for 1 to 2 minutes.  Transfer cookies to a cooling rack.  Makes about 36 cookies.

Enjoy!  -Cardamommy

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...