Monday, February 4, 2013

Chocolate White Peppermint Cookies


After Christmas, I had quite a few White Chocolate Peppermint M&Ms leftover.  I couldn't really imagine that my family would just eat them, so I knew that I had to turn them into something.  I came up with these chocolate cookies.  The cookies are fudgy and moist, and are perfect with white chocolate and peppermint.  These cookies are definitely a hit, especially when you stop to consider that my oldest Hungry Puppy doesn't prefer chocolate, and my youngest Hungry Puppy  doesn't prefer mint.  Also, the red and white candies are a perfect carry-over to Valentine's Day.  I have to admit a small amount of pride that I was able to work Christmas candy successfully into Valentine's!

Chocolate White Peppermint Cookies

1/2 cup (1 stick butter), room temperature
1/2 cup shortening
1 1/3 cups packed brown sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups all purpose flour
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups White Chocolate Peppermint M&Ms (or regular M&Ms or white chocolate chips)

Preheat the oven to 350F.  Line baking sheet with parchment paper.  Set aside.

Cream together the butter, shortening, and brown sugar until light and fluffy.  Beat in the eggs and vanilla.  Beat in the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt until blended.  Stir in the M&Ms.  

Scoop the dough with a cookie scoop (about 2 Tablespoon size) onto the prepared baking sheet.  Bake the cookies for about 12 minutes, or until they are just set in the center.  Remove cookies from the oven and let cool on the pan for 2 minutes.  Transfer cookies to a cooling rack.  Makes about 24 cookies.

Enjoy!  -Cardamommy

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...