Monday, December 30, 2013

Fresh Cranberry White Chocolate Chip Cookies


I was tasked by my sister to make these cookies.  She sent me a text a while ago that the cookie she was eating was amazing, and I had to figure it out.  I was really excited because I'm not sure if I've ever really done a fresh berry in a cookie before.  I was a bit worried that it wouldn't work out and that we'd have a cranberry lava flow in the oven, but it worked great!  My Hungry Puppies seriously can't get enough of these cookies. The tartness of the cranberries is offset nicely by the sweetness of the cookie and white chocolate chips.  Since my sister and I live about 1000 miles apart, I had to send her a box of cookies so she could try them.  I suppose I could have just emailed her the recipe so she could  make her own...but...maybe I'm just nice.

Blond Chocolate Chip Cookies

3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter, room temperature
1/4 cup shortening
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 eggs
2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups fresh cranberries

1 cup white chocolate chips

Preheat the oven to 375F.  Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.

Cream together the butter, shortening, sugar, syrup, and vanilla extract until light and smooth.  Beat in the eggs.  Add the flour, baking soda, and salt, and beat until combined.  Stir in the fresh cranberries and white chocolate chips.

Using a cookie scoop, scoop the dough and place on the prepared baking sheet.  Bake for 11 to 12 minutes, or until the cookies are just barely browned on the edges and top.  Remove from the oven and let cool for several minutes on the pan.  Transfer cookies to a cooling rack to cool completely.  Makes about 36 cookies.

Enjoy!  -Cardamommy

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...