Friday, February 3, 2012

Pumpkin Cornbread



This has to be one of my favorite pumpkin recipes.  As it turns out, it also happens to be one of my favorite cornbread recipes.  Sounds weird?  I know.  I totally hesitated at first, but I am so glad that I tried it out!  You will be too.  I guarantee.


This cornbread has a definite pumpkin flavor.  It is warm, and dense, and absolutely delicious.  I have been known to eat way more than one serving of this cornbread.  Have leftovers?  (Unlikely...)  Pop a slice in the toaster and slather it spread a little butter on it.  Or eat a slice cold!  This cornbread is definitely not dry, and will definitely not be around for very long!


Pumpkin Cornbread


1 1/3 cups all purpose flour
1 cup cornmeal
1 cup sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 can (15 ounces) pumpkin puree (I use home made puree)
2 eggs
1/2 cup milk
4 Tablespoons butter, melted


Preheat the oven to 350F.  Grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan.


Combine the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt in a bowl.  Whisk until blended.  In a separate bowl, whisk together the pumpkin, eggs, milk, and butter.  Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until just combined, and no streaks of flour remain.  


Pour into the prepared loaf pan and bake for about 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let the cornbread cool in the pan for about 10 to 15 minutes, then remove from the pan and cool completely on a wire rack.  Makes 1 9x5 inch loaf.


Enjoy!  -Cardamommy

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...