Friday, February 24, 2012

Cow Cake

My roommate's birthday was a few months ago, but she never got a cake. Since she LOVES cows, I decided to surprise her with a cow cake. I had to be resourceful, since I have limited baking receptacles and even fewer cow cake baking supplies. I ended up using a pyrex bowl, three muffin tins, and a pie plate. Making this cake was a lot of fun! It was surprisingly easy and turned out so cute. I can hardly wait to make another one!

1 Recipe Favorite Cake Batter
1 Recipe Vanilla Frosting, 1/2 C reserved (I substituted almond extract for vanilla)
2 Whopper Candy Pieces

1. Fill 3 muffin tins, the pie plate, then the pyrex bowl with batter. Bake according to cake instructions.
2. Place pie piece upside down and frost with vanilla frosting.
3. Next place 2 muffins at the bottom. Frost.
4. Cut the edges off the bowl so create a more dome-shaped nose.
5. Frost
6. Cut the remaining muffin in half, pin with toothpicks and frost
7. Remove all tin foil or wax paper
8. With the chocolate frosting, frost a nose, feet, and several spots
9. Take the 1/2 C reserved frosting and mix a few drops of red food die. Frost nose, mouth, and ears. Add whopper candy for eyes
Mahlzeit!
-Coriaunty

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...